Turkey season has come and gone and the Christmas season is upon us! Before you know it we’ll be ringing in the new year making resolutions and setting personal and business goals to better ourselves in 2019.
Whether you’re planning on spending New Year’s Eve with a romantic celebration for two, a fun evening for a large group or a low key party with friends, it’s time to start planning NOW! With so many exciting New Year’s Eve celebrations and get togethers happening in Kansas City, it’s a great idea to start making your New Year’s Eve plans now instead of waiting until the last minute.
Don’t quite have your plans established yet? Take a look at our guide below with New Year’s Eve happenings as well as some of our favorite ideas for couples or groups around the Greater Kansas City Area!
Romantic Evening For Two
Celebrating an anniversary on New Year’s Eve? Planning to propose to the love of your life? Spending New Year’s Eve together as a couple can be one of the most romantic things to do in our beautiful city. Below are some of our recommendations for romantic restaurants and proposal locations perfect for ringing in the new year with your special someone.
No romantic New Year’s evening is complete without a fine dining experience. Whether you’re wanting to enjoy unique cuisine or delicious drinks and appetizers at a local bar, look no further than our recommendations below!
- Novel KC – Dim lighting, great drinks and a delicious, diverse menu – there’s no better place for a romantic dinner for two. Whether you’re planning a proposal or are simply ringing in the new year with your partner, Novel KC is the perfect restaurant for it.
- Bluestem – No only does Bluestem have tasty food, but they’re known for their inviting and memorable atmosphere and dining experience. Full of elegance and food prepared by renowned chefs, Bluestem is a restaurant you must attend for a New Year’s Eve celebration.
- Webster House – Looking for a more unique dining experience? Webster House combines fine dining with ingredients from local producers and shopping, selling items like jewelry and antiques. Webster House also offers a beautiful view of the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts making it a stunning location for a romantic dinner and a great backdrop for a proposal.
With New Year’s Eve being one of the most popular days for couples to get engaged, it’s important to make sure that your proposal stands out among the rest. Make it an evening your loved one will never forget in any of the following romantic locations to get down on one knee:
- Country Club Plaza
- J.C. Nicholas Memorial Fountain
- Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts
- Powell Gardens
- Rose Garden in Loose Park
For some tips on how to make sure your proposal is unforgettable, click here.
What better way to ring in the new year than by celebrating with your best friends or family members? Nothing sets the tone for an exciting new year like spending the night counting down with loved ones. Below are a few of Kansas City’s greatest New Year’s Eve celebrations including a few family-friendly options!
- New Year’s Swingin’ Eve at Union Station
- New Year’s Eve at WinterFest
- New Year’s Eve Cabaret Show
- Zoo Year’s Eve
For a complete list of New Year’s Eve events in Kansas City, click here.
However you plan on ringing in the new year, whether it’s with your special someone or with friends or family, there are many great options for celebrating the arrival of 2019 in the Greater Kansas City Area. Any of the above restaurants, locations and bashes will get you in the spirit of saying “goodbye” to 2018 and “hello” to 2019!
If you’re foregoing watching the ball drop from home this year and are attending a dinner or event in the city, Overland Chauffeured Services would love to be your ride for the evening. Whether you’re planning on popping the question or partying well into the morning hours, our fleet includes the perfect luxurious vehicle for however you’ll be celebrating. Need a luxury sedan for two, an SUV for a small group or a Sprinter Van or Mini-Coach for larger groups? You name it, we have the perfect vehicle for it! Our New Year’s Eve transportation service is the safest you can get in the Greater Kansas City Area.
Driving during the holiday season can be dangerous, especially on New Year’s Eve following parties and celebrations. Did you know that New Year’s Eve is one of the worst days for traffic fatalities, with 36% of the day’s traffic fatalities being alcohol-involved? You won’t have to worry about you or your loved ones arriving home safely when you book special event transportation through Overland. We’re committed to keeping our clients, employees and the general public safe by investing in technology and safety training for our chauffeurs. Our chauffeurs undergo pre-screening, criminal background checks, ongoing training, random drug testing, and DOT compliance, ensuring you stay safe.
To book special event transportation for New Year’s Eve, request a free quote or call (913) 381-3504. We would love to be your ride for the evening, getting you to and from all celebrations timely and safely. Book your New Year’s Eve transportation service as soon as possible before our fleet is fully booked!
Happy New Year from the entire Overland staff!