What an incredible football season it has been in Kansas City! Topping off Sunday’s Championship win means that Kansas City is headed to Tampa Florida! Both American and Southwest Airlines have added non-stop flights from MCI to Tampa ahead of the Big Game on February 7, 2021. Excitement is building for our team to #RUNITBACK!
Here are some facts and guidance if you are interested or you will be attending:
- 22,000 fans will be allowed in the stadium, including 7,500 invited health care workers. This is to protect fans from exposure to Covid-19. Masks are required.
- Since the stadium usually holds 65,000 but can expand to 75,000, that is about 30% capacity.
- This is the fifth Big Game hosted in the Tampa area, and the first since 2009. Florida is always a popular place to hold the Big Game.
- There is a NO BAG POLICY for all events at the stadium. Guests are only permitted to bring in one clutch purse no larger than 4.5” by 6.5”. All other bags should remain in vehicles or stored in lockers that you can rent onsite. Make sure you plan accordingly! Click here for a list of prohibited items in the stadium.
- Tailgating is not allowed in NFL controlled parking lots.
- Tickets are estimated to be averaging $11,000 each, 50% more than last year. Update as of February 2, ticket prices have dropped by nearly half.
- The City of Tampa Florida has an estimated population of 399,700. The four-county area which includes Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater has a population of 3.1 million.
- Currently the temperatures top out in the mid to upper 70’s with 80% humidity. The evenings drop down to the low to mid 50’s. Make sure you pack accordingly.
- One of the best steak houses with one of the largest fine wine lists in the country and located in Tampa is Bern’s. But it may be hard to get a reservation.
- If you are traveling to Tampa with kiddos, you might want to check out Busch Gardens Amusement and Theme Park or The Florida Aquarium
- The stadium is less than 10 miles from Tampa International Airport, as is downtown Tampa. However even with reduced capacity and Covid-19, there is likely to be traffic delays and congestion.
- In case you are flying in from another airport, here are the distances to Tampa Florida from other airports: Miami International (MIA)– 4+ hours; Orlando International (MCO) – 1 hour 45 minutes; RSW Regional Southwest International Fort Myers (RSW) – 2 hours
- Flying private? It is likely you will fly into Signature Flight Support TPA, Tampa Executive Airport, Sheltair Aviation or Peter O. Knight Airport
- Many nearby hotels may be sold out and rates will be high. So you may have to stay in an outlying suburb. Therefore you should book your rooms as quickly as possible.
- At large sports events it is always recommended to use chauffeured transportation to get to and from the airport, as well as for your dinners, sightseeing and of course for the Big Game! Rates and minimums will be higher than normal. Don’t risk waiting on a rideshare vehicle and paying surge prices.
Book Your Transportation Early!
There is nothing more exciting than attending one of the biggest sports events of the year! So using an experienced, trustworthy worldwide ground transportation provider to book and manage your services is the best and safest way to assure you get the professional experience you expect. Because you want your airport transfers and hourly charters to be flawless. Quality chauffeured services in luxury Sedans, SUV’s, Vans, Sprinters, mini buses or motor coaches are available in nearly every city worldwide. Feel free to call us 913-381-3504 or use our Contact Us form to learn more.
P.S. Next year’s Big Game will be held at the brand new SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles on February 6, 2022. LET’S GO KC AND MAKE IT THREE IN A ROW!